Swimming

I've been improving so much on a lot of things and I guess the one thing that really stands out with me today is swimming. I was floating and swimming around at Newport Beach near Balboa Pier. I really enjoy going there and to Sunset beach because of the free parking for one, but also because of the place. The beach here at Balboa is just super calm so I was able to swim like I was in a pool rather than freak out about waves hitting and all. And then for Sunset beach, I love the sand because it's so soft, and then when you go into the water, it looks like the water has gold sparks in it. I can't tell you how much I love the water, and especially now that I know I can float, I love being in the water. It feels amazing and so weightless. I was floating today and trying to control my breathing, I was able to tune into listening. I listened to the sounds in the water and it makes perfect sense as to why fish would have better hearing than us because it seems like sound travels a lot better in water. I also listened to my heart beat. Sometimes it would seem as if it were pounding in my head, but when I really thought about it, I felt amazing because I knew that I was alive and there. I know this all sounds weird because I'm 20 and I finally learned after all this time - actually, thanks to Derek for teaching on the day of Tasi's 20th birthday - August 15, 2015 - but I think that because I haven't been able to swim all this time, and now that I can, it is all the more rewarding, life-changing, and is such a big lesson for me physically and mentally. I guess you can say spiritually? I don't know, but it's pretty cool.

Comments

Popular Posts